Storybook Woods Baby Bonnet Sewing Pattern
Inspired by a traditional Scandinavian cap, this little embroidered wool bonnet that is lined with cotton calico and totally reversible. The pattern contains step-by-step instructions, an embroidery tutorial, and pattern templates for making a bonnet in four sizes.
Finished sizes (to fit head circumferences): Extra Small: 16" (40.5cm); Small: 17" (43cm); Medium: 18" (45.5cm); Large: 19" (48cm).
You will need:
- For outside of bonnet: 3/8yd (34cm) of (any width) lightweight woven wool or wool flannel
- For lining: 3/8yd (34cm) 45" (114cm) -wide cotton calico fabric
- Two 12" (61cm) lengths of 3/8" (10mm) -wide ribbon
- 4 colors of 6-strand cotton embroidery floss to coordinate with your lining fabric: 1 Green and 3 Flower colors (1 Dark, 1 Medium, 1 Light)
- Embroidery needle and 4" (10cm) hoop
- Thread to match both outside fabric and lining
- Chalk pencil or fabric marker
- Dressmaker's ham, for pressing curves
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.